- Fire & EMS
- Girls' Fire Camp
Girls' Fire Camp
Join us for our 2nd Annual Girls' Fire Camp on June 24!
Registration Opens April 3 at 9:00AM
Girls that are rising 1st-10th graders will go through multiple age appropriate modules and learn what Fire & EMS is about! We hope this camp allows girls of all ages to see possible future opportunities in this field. There are only 60 tickets available and registration will be open until all 60 tickets have been claimed. There will be a waitlist for those that were not able to secure tickets during initial registration. If a ticket is made available, we will contact you in order of your place on the waitlist.
1st-5th Graders Camp will be held from 8:00am-1:00pm with lunch included.
1st through 5th grade students will join a group that will teach them about Fire Safety, Fire Science, and different types of equipment. Through age appropriate modules, they will use small hose lines, learn how to make a fire escape plan, join their own bucket brigade and more!
6th-12th Grade Camp will be held from 8:00am-3:30pm with lunch included.
6th-12th Grade students will join a group in the morning to begin learning about EMS. This will include Basic First Aid, relays and Stop The Bleed. Students will then move on to Basic Fire Science, an Obstacle Course, Hands-on extrication procedures and more!
The schedule is subject to change. Attendees will be notified of any changes.
- A required waiver will be sent to your email and will need to be signed and brought to the registration tent on the day of the camp in order for your child to participate.
- Close-toed shoes are required throughout the camp. Sneakers or Tennis Shoes are preferred. At the end of camp, there will be opportunity to engage in activities involving water where shoes such as crocs are allowed.
- Water, snacks and lunch will be provided. If you need to pack a lunch for any reason, please label it with their name and grade level. If your child brings their own water, please label it with their name and grade level as well.
- Registration begins at 7:30am on June 24th. Parents are encouraged to stay for the first demonstration at the camp beginning at 8:15am.
- By registering for our Girls' Fire Camp, you are giving Botetourt County Department of Fire & EMS the permission to use any photos related to the camp that may have your child pictured in them.