New Resident Information
Welcome to Botetourt County (pronounced bot'-uh-tot), one of Virginia's most scenic and historically significant counties. A blended rural and suburban community nestled just north of Roanoke, Virginia. Botetourt offers American history blended with nature and modern attractions. Nestled along the Appalachian Trail, with charming small towns, traditions, and southern hospitality of life in Virginia's blue ridge.
We are happy you have decided to call Botetourt home and hope this list of resources provide you with all the amenities to help you feel welcomed to our community, and get acquainted just as quickly within your new home.
- Set up your utilities.
- View your trash collection services and recycling services options.
- Change of address for voter registration.
- Where do I vote? Get Started
- Find a listing of elected officials (local, state & national)
- Find your closest US Post Office
- Become an election officer.
- Change of address for property taxes.
- Kids in the family? Register your student for school.
- Have a dog? Register for a dog license.
- Have school age kids? Connect with Botetourt County Public Schools.
- Working on a project that requires a permit or wonder what your zoning is? Visit our Community Development page.
- Want to work for Botetourt County? Browse our job listings.
- Stay up to date with Botetourt County Government Meetings and Events by following our calendar on our home page.
Things To Do
Botetourt offers many opportunities for outdoor recreation and indoor activities! We also have small towns to explore that offer shopping, dining and much more!
- Find your library
- See library events
- Parks & Trails
- Sign up for Recreational Sports (youth leagues only)
- Take a tour of my nearest Fire & EMS station
- Explore Botetourt in Virginia's Blue Ridge
- Small Town Tour: Discover Buchanan, Eagle Rock, Fincastle and Troutville
Ready to get involved in your community? Check out volunteer opportunities.
Botetourt has a number of ways to stay connected with our community. You can keep in touch in-person (57 S. Center Dr., Daleville, VA 24083), online through our website, by signing up for Notify Me, and on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NextDoor and LinkedIn). Need a quick guide to navigate important contact info? Click here for a printable Resource Guide.