Board of Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees serves in an advisory capacity. The five-member board is elected for staggered four-year terms. Board members represent the five Botetourt County districts, and each member is appointed by their district’s Supervisor. A member of the County Board of Supervisors serves as an ex-officio member on the Library Board.
The Library Board is responsible for advising on library policies and strategic direction. Each board member serves as a connection with and voice of the citizens of their district, ensuring that their needs and interests are considered in library services, resources, and programs.
Second Wednesday of every month at 2:00pm
Meeting locations rotate among the four full-service library locations and the Botetourt County Administration Center (57 S Center Dr, Daleville, VA 24083). See this calendar for upcoming meeting dates and locations.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Marlene Preston - Amsterdam District, Chair (term expires 12/31/23)
- Robert Poyner - Blue Ridge District, Vice-Chair (term expires 12/31/24)
- Barbara Hawkins - Valley District (term expires 12/31/22)
- Julia Patterson - Buchanan District (term expires 12/31/25)
- Mary Lynne Leffel - Fincastle District (term expires 12/31/22)
- Steve Clinton - Ex-Officio