Board of Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees serves in an advisory capacity. The five-member board is elected for staggered four-year terms. Board members represent the five Botetourt County districts, and each member is appointed by their district’s Supervisor. A member of the County Board of Supervisors serves as an ex-officio member on the Library Board.
The Library Board is responsible for advising on library policies and strategic direction. Each board member serves as a connection with and voice of the citizens of their district, ensuring that their needs and interests are considered in library services, resources, and programs.
Second Wednesday of every month at 12:00pm
Meeting locations rotate among the four full-service library locations and the Botetourt County Administration Center (57 S Center Dr, Daleville, VA 24083). See this calendar for upcoming meeting dates and locations.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Dr. Marlene Preston - Amsterdam District, Chair (first term expires 12/31/23)
- Dr. Brandi Porter - Blue Ridge District, Vice-Chair (remaining initial term expires 12/31/24)
- Mr. Chris Becke - Valley District (first term expires 12/31/26)
- Mrs. Julia Patterson - Buchanan District (first term expires 12/31/25)
- Mrs. Mary Lynne Leffel - Fincastle District (first full term expires 12/31/26)
- Mr. Steve Clinton - Ex-Officio