2022 - 2023 Basketball Season
|Type of Registration||Dates||Fees|
|Early Registration||September 25th – October 30th||$65|
|Late Registration*||October 31st -November 6th||$85|
*Placement on a team is not guaranteed during late registration.
Practice & Games Timeline
- Practices begin mid November
- Games begin early January
- Ages: 5 to 18 years old
- Age Cut-off Date: September 30
- 18-year-olds must be enrolled in high school
Basketball Rules & Bylaws
- Click here to view Botetourt County's basketball rules (updated 11.30.22)
- Click here to view the Code of Conduct (PDF).
Basketball Rules & Bylaws Basketball Rules & Bylaws Basketball Rules & Bylaws Basketball Rules & Bylaws Basketball Rules & Bylaws Basketball Rules & Bylaws
Click here for more information on where to find the gym at each facility. Game Locations
Volunteer coaches are a critical component to a successful recreation season. Please consider volunteering as either a head or assistant coach. Click here for more information on volunteering Coaches Needed! Coaches Needed! FacCoaches Needed! Coaches Needed!.
All coaches must register as a coach in the CivicRec registration software and are required to go through a background check. When completing registration there will be an option to select "Basketball Coaching" as an activity. This will take you through the coach registration process.
Background checks are valid for one year. Coaches will receive a Parks and Recreation coach badge that verifies they are a registered coach and have passed the background check.
Click here to view volunteer eligibility requirements.
- View our Refund Policy (PDF)
- This is my first time registering through the new CivicRec platform- where can I find step-by-step instructions?
- How are teams formed and how is the league facilitated?
- What are the age divisions?
- How long are practices held?
- How many practices are there per week?
- How will practices be facilitated this year?
- Where will practices be held?
- Will teams be allowed to scrimmage during practices since there are two teams per court?
- Will parents and spectators be allowed in facilities during practices and games?
- Where will games be played?
- Can parents leave the premises during practice?
- Will teams get to choose uniform colors this year?
- What days will games be played this year?
- Will we be allowed to have food and/or drinks in facilities?
- How do I become a coach?