- Commonwealth's Attorney
The Botetourt County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office is responsible for prosecuting all Criminal and some Traffic offenses charged in Botetourt County Courts.
Criminal and some Traffic offenses charged in Botetourt County Courts.
- Information on General District Court Cases
- Information on Circuit Court Cases
- Information on Locally Incarcerated Offenders
- Information on Offenders Incarcerate Anywhere in Virginia
- Information Regarding Protective Orders
- For information regarding counseling and/or family services assistance check the following links: Family Services , TAP , Blue Ridge Behavioral Health
- Does the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office initiate or ‘take out’ charges?
No. Criminal charges are initiated by a magistrate or by the Grand Jury after investigation by law enforcement.
- Can charges be dropped by calling the office?
No. Our office will not drop charges based on a request over the phone. Charges taken out must be brought before the Court, usually with all the parties appearing.
- Do I have to come to court if I have received a subpoena?
Yes. A subpoena is a court order. Failing to appear can result in arrest and a fine or jail sentence. If you have been subpoenaed and you have questions call our office and the Victim/Witness coordinator or the attorney who is handling the case will speak with you.
- Does the Commonwealth's Attorney’s Office assist in civil matters?
No. Our attorneys handle criminal cases. We cannot offer assistance or advice about civil matters such as divorce, evictions, property disputes, child support/custody etc.