- Economic Development
- About Us
The Botetourt County Department of Economic Development is comprised of individuals that have decades of combined experience. We are equipped to respond to your needs with knowledge, expertise, confidentiality, creativity, efficiency and professionalism.
In the past two decades, Botetourt County has announced new and expanding industries totaling over $520 million in investments resulting in the creation of over 3,000 direct new jobs. In 2010, all three major bond rating agencies upgraded Botetourt resulting in the County becoming the smallest in Virginia with AA ratings from all three agencies. Despite the national economic slump, in 2011 alone investments totaled over $35 million and 378 direct new jobs were announced.
Whether you are ready to start, grow or expand your business in Botetourt County, our team is available to serve you during all stages of business development.
Contact us if we may provide guidance and advice about
- Establishing a business
- Expanding a business
- Relocating a business
- Research and data needs
- Concerns about your company
- Connecting with thought leaders and influencers in our community
- Access to U.S. and International Markets
- Full-Service Business Sites and Locations
- Affordable Housing
- World Class Schools
- Outdoor recreation, entertainment, things to do
- Electric power rates are among the lowest in the nation.
- Business construction costs are below the national average and those of most other MSAs.
- The overall cost of living is low and translates into lower labor costs for your business.
- Low local tax rates and fees increase your cost-competitiveness.
- Investment protections enhance the ongoing value of assets in our business parks.
- Well educated, stable work force
- Regional labor pool over 325,000
- Less than 3% union
- Comprehensive training programs
Quality of Life
- Protected natural environment with metro conveniences
- Low crime rate
- Nearby state and national parks, trails
- Excellent public schools
Find out why progressive, technology-based companies such as Eldor, Munters, JTEKT Automotive Virginia, Dynax America, and Metalsa Corporation selected and have found success in Botetourt County.