Historic Greenfield Preservation Advisory Council
Third Tuesday of each month at 3:00pm
Botetourt County Administration Center, Room 229
57 S Center Drive
Daleville, VA 24083
- Jim Johnston, Chairman
- Wendy Warren, Secretary/Treasurer
- Steve Clinton, Board of Supervisors, ex officio
- Jon Lanford, County Administration, ex officio
- Beth Pappas
- Cheryl Sullivan-Willis
- Curtis Brown
- Danny Kyle
- Edward Preston
- Eugene Journiette
- Lynne Bolton
- Roblyn Brand
- Will Dibling
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Save the Date!
Botetourt County, in partnership with the Sons of the American Revolution, is pleased to announce the dedication of the Colonel William Preston Memorial. The event will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 1pm at the memorial located at Greenfield – 57 S. Center Dr., Daleville, VA.
Dignitaries and descendants of Colonel Preston will be in attendance. The program will end with a tour of the Historic Greenfield property.
Colonel Preston served in the Virginia House of Burgesses and was a colonel in the militia during the American Revolutionary War. He was also one of fifteen that signed the Fincastle Resolutions. A licensed surveyor, he with his wife Susanna, established a farm at Greenfield in 1762 where they employed enslaved Africans to raise hemp. He held every major office in Botetourt County when it was created in 1770.
The event is open to the public. For more information, contact Dr. Rupert Cutler at [email protected].
Did You Know?
The Historic Greenfield Preservation Advisory Council partners with NexTrex to recycle plastics that in turn are made into benches. To make once bench it takes 325 lbs. of plastic!
Members of the Council have collected plastics that are now three benches that will be displayed in various locations in Botetourt County. We almost have enough for four benches!
For a listing of what can be recycled and how you can be involved, visit the NexTrex website by clicking here.
- 171024 Greenfield Preservation Area Master Plan Final (PDF)
- Arch01 - Phase I Archaeological Inventory (PDF)
- Arch02 - Phase II Archaeological Inventory (PDF)
- Arch03 - Dovetail Greenfield Archaeology Final (PDF)
- Brick Fundraiser Donor Form (PDF)
- Environmental 01 - Greenfield Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment Report (PDF)
- Environmental 02 - Greenfield Supplemental Environmental Survey - 1996 (PDF)
- Environmental 03 - Greenfield Supplemental Environmental Study - 1997 (PDF)
- Harrison Museum Combined Presentation (PDF)