Botetourt sustains a large educated workforce and steady residential demand providing a valuable talent pipeline for growing local enterprise. With more than twenty nearby colleges, universities, and continuing education institutions, the local community benefits from continuous workforce training and in-demand skill enhancements from thought leaders across industries and academia.
- 3% of County workers are specialized in education, health, and social services
- 13% work in manufacturing (>3% union presence)
- Over 89% of County residents have high school education or higher
- 23% have a Bachelors degree or higher
The current labor market is made up of 350,000 trained workers who enjoy the quality of life available in Botetourt County.
- Low divorce rate of 7.9%
- High home ownership rate of 87%
- 5% of county residents are U.S. veterans
- Cost of living averages 5-6% lower than the national average
Botetourt County also participates in The Advancement Foundation's Virginia Individual Development Accounts (VIDA) (PDF) program to assist first-time homebuyers and startup businesses.
Contact us to learn more or schedule a site visit.